New Tecumseth Public Library’s One Book, One New Tecumseth 2017 featured Charlotte Gray and her latest book: The Promise of Canada: 150 Years – Ideas And People That Have Shaped Our Country, and culminated with an author talk and book-signing at the Nottawasaga Inn Resort on Saturday, May 13, 2017.
The One Book Team could not be more pleased with the way the evening went. Thank you to everyone in the community who participated:
- Our sponsors: Honda of Canada Manufacturing, The Rotary Club of Alliston, Nottawasage Inn Resort, Circle Theatre, Simon & Schuster Canada, our amazing “Get Caught” photographer Tessla Stuckey, Wendy Gabrek from The New Tecumseth Time and Brad Pritchard from The Alliston Herald;
- The people and organizations that shared their own inspirational “Promise of Canada” in our “Get Caught Reading” photo essay;
- The Sugartones Quartet Rhapsody;
- Everyone who came out and enjoyed the event; and
- Charlotte Gray, we still have a literary crush on you.
We’d love to hear what you thought of the evening, too.
Categories: Adult Programs & Special Events, Library News, Teen Programs & Events, Uncategorized
Tags: #charlottegray, #circletheatre, #hondaofCanada, #nottawasagainnresort, #obont, #OneBookOneNewTecumseth, #rhapsody, #rotaryclubofalliston, #sugartones, @bradpritchard, @charlottejgray, @simonandschuster, @tesslastuckey, @wendygabrek, NTPL
The World’s Largest Film Festival. EVER. National Canadian Film Day 150 (NCFD 150) is a massive one-day, coast-to-coast-to-coast celebration of Canadian cinema in honour of our nation’s sesquicentennial.
Please join us on Wednesday, April 19th at 1:30 pm at the Circle Theatre for a FREE screening of “The Grand Seduction”.
A funny and fresh English-language adaptation of the 2003 Quebecois comedy La grande séduction, this film tells the tale of a small fishing village in Newfoundland that must secure a new doctor in order to keep the community alive.
When city doctor Paul Lewis (Kitsch) arrives for a court-ordered trial residence, the townsfolk rally to charm and hoodwink him into staying. Under the guidance of an unemployed fisherman (Gleeson), they go to hilarious lengths to fabricate all the amenities of the big city and make it seem as though their sleepy town has everything Dr. Lewis could possibly want. Will the good doc fall for their tricks, or will he see through them to the truth about small town life?
Please click the blue text for a copy of the Submission Form.